Crosby® 2160 Alloy Bolt Type “Wide Body” Shackles
Durham Lifting’s Crosby® 2160 Alloy Bolt Type “Wide Body” Shackles.
Bolt-Type Shackles can be used in any application where round pin or screw pin shackles are used. In addition, they are recommended for permanent or long term installations and where the load may slide on the shackle pin causing the pin to rotate. The bolt-type shackle’s secondary securement system, utilizing a nut and cotter, eliminates the requirement to tighten pin before each lift or movement of load.
Look for the Red Pin®, the mark of genuine Crosby quality
- All sizes Quenched and Tempered for maximum strength.
- Forged alloy steel from 7 thru 300 metric tons.
- Cast alloy steel from 400 thru 1550 metric tons.
- Proof tested as follows:
- 7 thru 75 metric tons and 200 thru 300 metric tons: 2 x WLL.
- 125 metric tons: 1.6 x WLL.
- 400 metric tons and higher: 1.33 x WLL.
- All ratings are in metric tons, embossed on side of bow.
- G-2160, (7 thru 55t), are Hot Dip Galvanized and pins are painted red.
- G-2160, (75t and larger), bows are furnished Dimetcoted, and pins are
Dimetcoted, then painted red.
- S-2160 bows and pins are painted red.
- Shackles, 30t and larger, are RFID EQUIPPED.
- Can be used to connect Synthetic Web Slings, Synthetic Round Slings or Wire Rope Slings.
- Increase in shackle bow radius provides minimum 58% gain in sling bearing surface and eliminates need for a thimble.
- Increases usable sling strength minimum of 15% and greatly improves life of wire rope slings.
- Approved for use at -40° C (-40° F) to 204° C (400° F).
- Bow and bolt are certified to meet charpy impact testing of 42 Joules (31 f •lbf)
min. avg. at -20° C (-4° F).
- All 2160 shackles are individually proof tested and magnetic particle inspected. Crosby certification available at time of order.
- Shackles requiring ABS, Lloyds and other certifications are available upon special request and must be specified a time of order.
- Type approved and certification to DNV Rules for Certification o Lifting Appliances, and are produced in accordance with DNV MSA requirements. Databook is provided that includes required documents.
Note: Maximum Proof Load is 2 times the Working Load Limit on 75 thru 300 metric tons (except for 125 metric tons which is proof tested to 1.6 times the Working Load Limit). Minimum Ultimate Load is 5 times the Working Load Limit on 75 thru 300 metric tons. Maximum Proof Load is 1.33 times the Working Load Limit on 400 thru 1550 metric tons. Minimum Ultimate Load is 4.5 times the Working Load Limit on 400 thru 1550 metric tons.