- Suitable for Use in Multi-Immersion Applications
- DNV GL Verification Tested According to NORSOK R-002
- Available with Slipping Clutch Overload Protection
- Fully Corrosion Protected Body and Components to Ensure Reliable Long Term Use
- Range from 500kg – 20000kg
- Over 1000 Hours Continuous Protection
- Corrosion Protected Load and Hand Chain
- Marine Specific Friction Discs
- Available with Forged Clevis Adaptor Components
- Rugged Steel Body Construction
- Lightweight and Portable
- Double Cover Protection for Brake Chamber
- Drop Forged & Heat Treated Alloy Hooks
- Stainless Steel Fixings and Fasteners
- Patented Quad Cam Pawl System
- Guaranteed 2% Light Load Protection
- Heat Treated Alloy Steel Triple Spur Gears and Pinion Shaft
- -40°C to +50°C Operating Temperature Range
- Proof Tested to 1.5 Times Rated Capacity
- Can be Chained to Any Height of Lift to Meet Your Exact Requirements
- Marine Chain Bags Available on Request
- Individual Spares Readily Available
- Also Available with Stainless Steel Load Chain or Spark Resistant Hooks
- Meets or Exceeds all International Standards
Each unit comes fully certified with a test certificate or an EC Declaration of Conformity stating compliance with the essential health and safety requirements of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. This document clearly states the proof test at 1.5 times the rated capacity and the light load test of 2% of the rated capacity, which exceeds the requirements of the current applicable standard.
After successfully completing a series of independent third party verification and testing programmes to established international standards, our latest being 3rd party multi-immersion tests at Catapult ORE in the UK, we can state that the SS12 range of chain blocks is suitable for use in multi-immersion applications providing the timescales, pre-use testing, maintenance and service requirements as detailed in Tiger document Multi-immersion Instruction Document 201603 are strictly adhered to. Marine Friction Discs: Developed and designed for Subsea use creating a highly efficient, reliable braking surface for use in the most extreme conditions.
Quad Cam Brake Pawl System
This latest development in brake efficiency guarantees permanent engagement of at least one of the two reciprocating cam pawls fitted to the SS12. But most importantly, in the unlikely event of a pawl spring failure, this new design will ensure the brake is still fully functional and the load is sustained without damage to the mechanism.
The highly efficient and fully corrosion protected brake system works instantly when the operation is stopped and securely holds the load. Loads are lowered under perfect control, allowing for precise operations. The SS12 easily passes the “brake lock out test” as per BS 3243:1990 with a 2% load of the rated capacity.
Tiger only use the highest quality alloy, calibrated load chains in Grade 80 (T) or 100 (V) conforming to EN818-7 and ISO 16872. These chains have been protected using OCP protection without any loss of mechanical performance. The SS12 comes as 3.0mtr HOL as standard but can be chained up to whatever length is required. Stainless steel load chain available on request for certain capacities.
Drop forged and heat treated alloy hooks are furnished with heavy duty latch kits that fully engage into the nose of the hook offering maximum load security. The swivel hooks are attached to the yoke using high grade nuts & bolts allowing for complete inspection during any statutory inspection or written scheme maintenance. The entire hook fitting has been protected using OCP or stainless steel fixtures and fittings. Also available with spark resistant hooks.
Recessed forgings offer full protection to the load chain anchor bolts on all our bottom hooks.
The SS12 has OCP protection on all the internal parts including load and hand chain ensuring over 1000 hours continuous protection.
The SS12 is finished in our high quality white Akzo Nobel powder coat paint offering excellent additional corrosion protection. (Data sheets available on request.)
Double Cover Protection
Both the hand chain wheel cover and the ratchet brake cover are designed to offer protection to the brake chamber in the harshest environments from foreign objects.
High Performance Premium Grease
Load carrying ability, mechanical stability, corrosion protection, water resistance and increased operating temperature ranges of -40°C to +50°C are all improved by the using only the very best lubricant.
All major components are heat treated and precisely machined to ensure long term smooth operation. High gear ratios keep physical effort to a minimum whilst complying to all the relevant standards.
Drop forged adaptor maintaining maximum strength. 360° Rotation and 180° Pivot for Maximum Flexibility. Tested and certified to 4:1 factor of safety.
SS12 chain block with clevis adaptor and self-locking (safety) hook, reevable egg (master) link and sling hook fittings.
All our SS12 chain blocks are available with chain bags on request to fit the exact amount of chain specified. Designed to carry and hold the exact length of load chain required for the operation. Incorporating a stainless steel frame work and heavy duty PVC flexible bag reinforced by webbing with eyelet drain holes for an easy transfer through the splash zone. These chain bags prevent loose chain from getting snagged during lifting or lowering operations and protect any loose chain during transit to and from the operational site.
The SS12 has undergone a full test program that includes:
- Type Testing
- Ultimate strength test, at least 4 times the Working Load Limit (WLL)
- Continuous cyclic testing of over 1500 cycles
- Chain end anchorage test, passing at least 2.5 times the WLL without any restriction of the brake or gears Test on every hoist
- Proof loading at 1.5 times the rated capacity
- Light load testing at maximum of 2% rated capacity